very interesting Father
I use FOIL!
F - Multiply the First x First
O - Add the Outer (this goes with O and I)
I - and the Inner (this goes with O and I)
L - Multiply Last x Last
Your equations are correct but the explanation seems a little off.
F- Multiply the First terms ax
O- Multiply the Outer terms ay
I- Multiply the Inner terms bx
L- Multiply the Last terms by
The O and I will get added though because they will be like terms!
Oops! the comment that i posted before was how to change from factored form to quadratic form. My bad.
Yes! That is how we will learn to change from factored form to standard form. It is pretty easy with FOIL. The challenge will be changing from standard form TO factored form....
I think we have to like factor each term.
Ex. y= x^2 + 7x + 12
1. factor the first term by thinking what 2 numbers multiply to equal one.
2. Then figure out what 2 numbers multiply to equal 12.
3. then you have to put an X between each set up of numbers which are horizontally placed. 1 \/ 3
1 /\ 4
4.Then multiply the numbers diagonal from each each other. 1*4=4
5. Then add those 2 products together. 4+3=7
6. If that sum matches the coefficient of x that is in the MIDDLE of the original quadratic equation, then you factored it successfully!
7. So now you take the top 2 numbers at the top of the X and put them in a parenthesis. Make sure the first number in the parenthesis is a coefficient of x.
8. then take the bottom 2 numbers of the X and put them in another parenthesis. Make sure the first number in the parenthesis is a coefficient of x.
9. you are done! (x+3) (x+4)
Hi! That game sounds fun!
Not sure if my previous comment showed up but hi
I watched and it makes a lot more sense to me now, I was confused in class, but this cleared it up.
Hi good vid
Hello coolcvideo helped a lot
YAY! I love Carccasonne! Me and my dad used to play it all the time, but I always get crushed... :( Also plz bring your pokemon deck to strat. club!
Hi, neat video. I like the game.
this helped alot
I was really lost and I didn't watch the video but I just did and now I understand what I was confused about!!
Good video me bigsby I know this is late and I kinda got this in class but the video helped me understand it just a little bit more
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like Tapasya's acronym, foil :)